Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Subterfuge

I end up writing half my posts posing questions to my reader or to my self. Am here to ask if anyone does anything to flee away from things, just to keep yourself away from thoughts. I do. I cook, for hours sometimes just to keep myself occupied, most of the times escaping  from unnecessary thoughts. The observation here is that i don't get tired when i do that. Cooking is a physical activity which certainly requires some labor, skill and may be a little bit of conjecture which as per basic laws of common sense should result in exhaustion. May be its the duration of the activity that comes into picture and my count was 8 hours non-stop. This got me to think if people get involved in activities to evade from thoughts and would they choose healthier means to cater to their needs. I am interested to know. All this while i was under the impression that people get involved in tasks which enthrall them or satisfy some financial needs. Here comes a new category which might not bring the best out of you yet helps you have some stability. Let me know if you do anything like this or just pass onto a better read.

6 comments:

  1. mm..I don't know if it is healthy but when I am haunted by those unnecessary thoughts I try to get them out in some form..say in writing/picture/ and discard them.
    I should try cooking next time..sounds like a yummy deception :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture sounds interesting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Virgo and there is always something or the other on my mind ... Recently I started working out in the gym ... Playing guitar ... The former tires me out to an extent that it does there is not enough energy left for the mind to think about things which I usually ponder about ... It is also healthier ... The latter gives me peace of mind ... provides calmness to my mind ... (though my neighbors complain that it does exactly the opposite to their peace of mind :P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound more like a Gemini, you are draining out and filling in and i certainly admire the paths chosen. Good luck to the neighbors though :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just "observe" the thoughts and they go away !! usually takes a few minutes, not more than 4-5 !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If i may ask, I am curious to know how do you observe the thoughts !!

    ReplyDelete